Upper Columbia River Project
As outlined in the, a number of studies involving the Upper Columbia River are presently being funded by Teck. To date, the studies in the Upper Columbia River, have generally shown that the water in the river system meets applicable water quality standards in both Canada and the United States, that the beaches are safe for recreational activities, and that the fish in the river system are as safe or safer to eat than fish in other water bodies in Washington State.
- The Remedial Investigation and Feasibility Studies (RI/FS) will deliver on Teck’s long-standing commitment to study and remedy the effect of past practices.
- All studies conducted as part of the Upper Columbia River Project fall under the supervision of the EPA.
- Determine the nature and extent of contamination;
- If contamination is discovered, investigate and identify any potential human health and/or ecological risks it may pose;
- If risks are identified, decide how to best manage any risk that is deemed unacceptable.
- Can I eat the fish?
- Can I play on the beaches?
- Can I swim in the water?
Más información sobre este producto consulte en: http://www.teck.com/Generic.aspx?PAGE=Teck+Site/Diversified+Mining+Pages/Zinc+Pages/Trail+Pages/Lake+Roosevelt+Pages/Studies+and+Findings&portalName=tc